All people are encouraged to follow the recommendations provided by the Department of Health:
- People, especially those with respiratory issues, are encouraged to stay away from the beaches if possible until further notice. Persons may experience throat irritation and/or coughing if directly exposed to Red Tide.
- Higher wind or tides can spread Red Tide more quickly.
- Dead fish are not to be eaten! Be cautious with any fish caught from the southeastern coast of Florida.
- Do not consume shellfish of any kind caught in this area until the Red Tide passes.
- The Indian River County Emergency Information Center is open to take your questions from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. today. Please call 772-226-4000.
- For general information on harmful algal blooms occurring in Florida and current status reports by the state, please visit these links: